NighTeam Forums  

Go Back   NighTeam Forums > Nighteam > Suggestions or Problems

Old 04-19-2011, 04:31 AM

Default HLDJ now requires a server setting change to work

Hello all,

I am one of the countless HLDJ app users that enjoy a little custom comedy sound clip taunts now and again. Since the Hatless update changed the voice codec to SILK (as default codec), HLDJ can't work. You can however change with convar command back to the old codec you (I*) wish to use.

Steam News wrote:Updated voice to use the Steam voice codec to improve quality. Servers can toggle between the old codec and the new codec with the convar "sv_use_steam_voice", which defaults to 1.

Would you mind switching back to the old codec for now? I and many others would be grateful for having our HLDJ function back.
* I know all of us have had a mic spammer nightmare encounter or two amongst all the funny but considerate HLDJ user encounters... but that's what the ban hammer is for

More on the topic: http://hldj.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1079
Old 04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
The Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SD]JunGLe View Post
the ban hammer
My personal Ban Hammer;

Old 04-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesteren View Post
My personal Ban Hammer;

I don't like that it's level 5 :-(
Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 AM
The Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Flavour View Post
I don't like that it's level 5 :-(
Shush, lol

Old 04-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Location: Workin' in a Soylent factory, Waitin' for the Malthusian catastrophe.

haha I was wondering why it seemed so quiet in-game... here I was thinking it was a problem with voice on my laptop.

Just taunt directly instead of through music or selected clips. Its much more rewarding.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunningAmish View Post
haha I was wondering why it seemed so quiet in-game... here I was thinking it was a problem with voice on my laptop.

Just taunt directly instead of through music or selected clips. Its much more rewarding.
I spent last knight thinking that my team was unable to hear my insults..And the less they replied the crazier I got..Then I though....Great another shitty American made product that lasted two months....I was going to go into town this morning and get a new mic...But this is not necessary..Is that what I am getting from this...

If so

None of this effects team speak...????

I just would like to say vile went up a notch in douche baggery.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesteren View Post
My personal Ban Hammer;

Nice Hamma !! Levels only count to those with OSD...
I'll trade ya some cool vintage hats for that hammer
You still haven't said if we can revert to the old voice codec that allows "play from file" though... ( hides from the hammer* )

I just can't say "Oh NOOO, We suck Agaaaain !! the way that Adam Sandler does it in one of my clips... Or do the Indian accent required for my Jarate specific taunt "...Mouth full of whizz". I find it enriches the comedy value of games when someone uses a situation appropriate custom sound taunt/joke within reasonable use. When the sound clip is not offensive or purposely annoying, it can liven up the team's spirit.

As for SILK affecting TS use, I don't see it being a problem. SILK affects HLDJ's use because it does not allow playing sound through mic from a file. It only allows for real devices to play, such as a mic or mp3 player. ( On a side note, post 1000 calls for a round of drinks, Titz ! )

Last edited by [SD]JunGLe; 04-20-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[SD
I find it enriches the comedy value of games when someone uses a situation appropriate custom sound taunt/joke within reasonable use. When the sound clip is not offensive or purposely annoying, it can liven up the team's spirit.
+10, Amen to that

Good custom sounds are a huge enhancement to the game.

Hey Jungle, if/when this gets fixed, would you be willing to share some pointers about how to set this up? I know there's several ways to do it, and I'd like to do it right the first time.

My preference would be to bind the 1 through 0 number keys to 10 small sound files stored locally, as opposed to linking to a massive library of annoying songs and other crap. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

What server do you play on? I'd like to hear what you have. Seems like I've seen you around but can't remember where.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:19 PM

We can't really hear them until Laambda switches the codec back to the old one... but I'd be happy to help. Binding keys for specific taunts shoud be pretty easy. I appear to be slow to change...been playing Doublecross over and over AND over again.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:01 PM

So Lambda? what's the verdict? May we switch back to the old codec to allow hldj to work?